Skymet Home
Top Stories
Flood like situation to abate from Odisha in next 24 hours

A depression over Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal areas, has been causing torrential rains in the past 48 hours over Odisha and West Bengal. Due ...


WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE WEEK IN INDIA FROM 21ST TO 27TH JULY

Recently, Skymet carried out a study on worldwide dynamical models and the current status still points towards 60% chance of drought in India, with 4...


Weather Forecast for India

Weather News & Analysis

Flood like situation to abate from Odisha in next 24 hours

July 22, 2014
ODISHA_FLOODS_U4UVoice

A depression over Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal areas, has been causing torrential rains in the past 48 hours over Odisha and West Bengal. Due to heavy rains, Baitarani River breached its embankment at Jajpur district of Odisha. Thousands of people from Jajpur and Bhadrak district were evacuated and moved to a safer...

More »

WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE WEEK IN INDIA FROM 21ST TO 27TH JULY

July 22, 2014
india-rain-2011-8-20-7-20-17

Recently, Skymet carried out a study on worldwide dynamical models and the current status still points towards 60% chance of drought in India, with 40% chance of below normal rainfall. Meanwhile, lets have a look at how the weather will pan out in the country this week. North and Northwest India In this region,...

More »

Good rain in Mumbai expected in next 48 hours

July 22, 2014
Mumbai rain

In the last 4 to 5 days, rain in Mumbai has been minimal. And according to the data available with Skymet Meteorology Division in India, only 4 mm of rain was observed in the city on Monday. Sunday wasn’t any different either, with 7 mm of rain being recorded. On Saturday and Friday the...

More »

Drought chances sustain despite Monsoon revival

July 21, 2014
Drought

After poor Monsoon rains in June, July too commenced with a 43% deficit – highest for the season - and remained so till 12th July. However, in the last one week there has been a series of cyclonic circulations moving across Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan, which has resulted in fairly widespread moderate...

More »

More trouble in the offing for Char Dham Yatris; rain to pick up in Uttarakhand from Tuesday

July 21, 2014
uttarakhand--621x414

The water level has risen to dangerous level in Uttarakhand as the state has been receiving incessant rain since the 15th of July. Rain has reduced now and in a span of 24 hours from 8.30 am on Sunday, Nainital received 5 mm of rain, Mukteshwar 27 mm, Tehri 13 mm, Champawat 59 mm,...

More »

More heavy rain expected in Central India

July 21, 2014
RAIN

The well marked low pressure area over Bay of Bengal, coastal Odisha and West Bengal has now turned into a depression and is centred in north Odisha, 50 km east of Badipada. The system is likely to move in a west direction and weaken gradually. In the last 24 hours, the system has given...

More »

TOP TEN RAINIEST CITIES IN INDIA ON SATURDAY

July 20, 2014
images (12)

Several places from North, Central and South India feature in our top ten list of rainiest cities. According to the latest weather update by Skymet Meteorology Division in India, the rain belt could extend up to north Maharashtra, eastern parts of Gujarat and Rajasthan in the coming days. Here’s a look at our list of top ten rainiest...

More »

Rain to reduce in Uttarakhand after 24 hours; Char Dham Yatra resumed at risk

July 20, 2014
char-dham-yatra

Torrential rains for the fourth consecutive day have stranded thousands of people in the hill state of Uttarakhand. This situation has evoked memories of last year’s cloudburst over the state, destroying property and claiming more than 5000 lives. Rivers like Mandakini, Bhagirathi, Sharda and Alaknanda are flowing near the danger mark. People living close...

More »

Mumbai still stands a strong chance of recording all time highest rain

July 20, 2014
123773

On 16th July, Skymet predicted that Mumbai stands a fairly good chance of recording all-time highest rainfall in the month of July. The city has already recorded 1010 mm of rain in this month and good showers are likely during next 48 hours. After receiving 46 mm of rain on the 17th, rain reduced...

More »

Rest of the month slated to bring good rain over Central India, West Coast

July 20, 2014
images

The cyclonic circulation developing over northeast Bay of Bengal is likely to become a low pressure   area within 24 hours. In the next 24 to 48 hours, the weather system will bring widespread good Monsoon rain over Telangana, Chhattisgarh, east Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha. The rain belt will gradually shift to bring rest of Madhya Pradesh and...

More »
Maps
Satellite Images
Hazards
Travel
Overlays
Videos
National Video
Agri Weather Advisory
Anomaly Video
News
Lifestyle & Weather
Weather News & Analysis
Weather & Economy
Global Warming
Water
Air Traffic
Monsoon in India
Weather Tools
Widgets
RSS Feeds
Corporate
About Us