Winter is high time to protect your skin as the dry conditions took a toll on your skin. Before drop in temperatures and sunny sky conditions takes away moisture from your skin and make them rough, follow these tips to protect it from harsh winter
- Use moisturizer in the winter: Daily intense moisturizing massages will help keep your skin supple and glowing during these winter months. Also use a face pack on a weekly basis to rejuvenate your skin.
- Prepare your skin for the winter: Start your day by prepping your skin. Exfoliate the skin but not more than once a week. Exfoliation will take care of the flaky, dry skin but you have to make sure to do it gently and overdo is avoidable.
- Use a gentle scrub with tiny grains: Prefer a man-made scrubber as the natural one usually has uneven edged granules that may create tiny tears in the skin.
- Follow up exfoliation with a deep moisturizing emollient in winters: Vitamin C moisturizer work really well. Let the moisturizer sit for at least 5 minutes so your skin can soak it in. Makeup applied on moisturized skin will last longer. If makeup is applied before the moisturizer, it will dilute the effect of the moisturizer.
- Diet for winter skin care: Eating and exercising right for your skin this winter. Include lots of juices, fruits & dry fruits in your diet and drink at least 8 glasses of water. Find a form of exercise that you enjoy, get enough rest, stay positive, use the right makeup products and don't skip the cleansing-toning-moisturizing ritual before going to bed.