As of 2nd July, the northern limit of monsoon (NLM) passes through Veraval, Surat, Nashik, Wasim, Damoh, Lucknow, Bareilly, Ambala and Amritsar. In the next 10 days the NLM will cover almost entire Delhi/NCR and rest of Punjab and Haryana.
Here’s an outlook for Southwest Monsoon for the next 10 days-
First 3 days
- Monsoon will usher in Delhi/NCR and may cover rest of Punjab, Haryana and north Rajasthan.
- The weather system now positioned over West Bengal and adjoining Bihar as a low pressure area will continue to bring rain over East India. In next 24 hours the system will travel and expand to cover Bihar and Jharkhand and will take another day to reach east Uttar Pradesh.
- The low pressure area will also intensify the Monsoon surge along the West Coast, bringing good rain over the area.
- Monsoon rain will pick up after 48 hours in Northeast India.
Next 3 days
- The low pressure area will travel further and finally break up over west Uttar Pradesh and adjoining hills between the 7th and 8th of July.
- The rain belt will cover central Uttar Pradesh, east Madhya Pradesh, parts of Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha.
- As the system weakens, Northeast India will receive good rain during this time.
Last 3 days
- By the 11th of July, Southwest Monsoon will cover parts of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
picture courtesy- Anand Dubey