1. The record of heaviest rain in Gwalior in a span of 24 hours was broken as 69.9 mm of rain occurred in the city from 8:30 on Wednesday till 8:30 am on Thursday.
2. The previous highest rain in a span of 24 hours in Gwalior was recorded at 58.4 mm, almost 116 years ago on 10th of February.
3. In the last 10 years, there have been just two instances when rain in a span of 24 hours has been recorded in double digits during the month of February. On 11th of February, 2007, the city recorded 24.8 mm of rain while, 17th of February, 2013 recorded 27.6 mm of rain.
4. The average rain in Gwalior for the month of February is a meager 14.5 mm. February in Gwalior witnesses 1.1 number of rainy days.
5. Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh recorded 37.3 mm of rain in last 24 hours, the highest since 19th February 1970. The average rainfall in Jhansi in the month of February is 9.6 mm. In last 10 years, the previous highest rainfall recorded in Jhansi was 29.5 mm, on 5th of February, 2013.
Photograph by Yashiwong